Little Day Out
Sunday 16 July 2023
THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT. Please note there are no tickets available for purchase on the day.
Little by name but BIG on FUN. A SPARK festival favourite, Little Day Out is Ipswich’s signature children’s music and arts festival. With a focus on sustainability, Little Day Out is bursting with music, hands-on art experiences, food and roving entertainment.
Headlining this year’s festival, Bunny Racket creates a sound that brings all generations together in rock ‘n’ roll harmony. With a line-up featuring members of The Vines, Goons Of Doom and Wolfmother, Bunny Racket strikes a (loud) chord for all of us that pine for a time where being a kid meant endless freedom.
The young and young at heart are invited to sing, dance, create and play! Cubby building, nature craft, tiny tots zone and a silent disco are all part of the Little Day Out experience.
Little Day Out is a pet free zone, please leave your furry friends at home.
|9.15am||Nunukul Yuggera – Youth Dance Troupe|
|9.40am||Art for Earthlings – Holy Bin Amoley|
|10.10am||NY Dance – Hip Hop Workshop|
|1:15pm||Nunukul Yuggera – Youth Dance Troupe|
|1:40pm||Art for Earthlings – Holy Bin Amoley|
|2.10pm||NY Dance – Hip Hop Workshop|
The stage program is complimented by unique roving entertainment including your chance to meet scrapboy!
WORKSHOPS & ACTIVITIES
Children are spoilt for choice with hands on, continuous drop in workshops and activities running throughout both event sessions including:
- Little Green Thumbs – Seedling Planting
- Kylie Hill – Mural Painting
- Silent Disco
- Ipswich Libraries First 5 Forever – Tiny Tots Zone
- Wildlings Forest School – Cubby Building and Nature Craft
- Hula Hoop Brisbane – Hula Hoop Playspace
- Triangle House – Beaded Bubble Wands
- Ipswich Art Gallery – Make some Noise pop up
- Ipswich Waste Services – Waste Warriors
- Ripley Town Centre – Workshops with Bee One Third
- Creative Kids Brisbane – Mini Clay Lands and Gardens
FACILITIES & SERVICES
To enhance your Little Day Out experence, the below facilities and services are available onsite at the event:
- Child Feed and Change Room – Ripley Town Centre also has a Parent Room
- Tag a Toddler facilitated by Volunteers in Policing – this services helps us quickly reunite chidlren of all ages and their guardians should they be serperated during the event
- Quiet Zone
- Auslan interpreted main stage program
- Water Monster – fresh water dispenser to refill drink bottles
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
A range of family friendly food and beverage options are available within the event precinct including:
- Annie’s Sugar and Spice – Coffee and Donuts
- Carlos Tacos
- Mini Pancake Treats
- Thom and Ann’s Restaurant Deli
- Ungermman’s Ice-cream
- Roam In Pizza
A number of cafes, restaurants and take away food options are also available at Ripley Town Centre.
Ample parking is available in the Little Day Out Event Parking – access from Ripley Road (please see the below map)
Disability parking is available in the Ripley Town Centre carpark (please see the below map)
Other than for disability parking, the Ripley Town Centre carpark is reserved for centre customers only.
HOW TO BE MORE SUSTAINABLE AT LITTLE DAY OUT
Follow these guidelines to help make our event greener and more sustainable:
- BYO water bottle and use our free water Monster refill station
- BYO reusable bag for the kids arts and crafts
- BYO coffee keep cup
- Use the onsite recycling and green waste bins