One of Queensland’s largest Celtic festivals returns to the City of Ipswich this May. The Gathering brings the wider community together in celebration of Celtic music, culture and performance featuring:
- The Queensland Pipe Band Championship culminating in the massed pipes and drums
- Main Stage performances by traditional, choral and modern folk music groups including The Barleyshakes
- Highland Dancing performances and workshops
- Historical and Medieval displays
- Hands-on activities at the Ceilidh Centre and Discovery Centre where you can learn traditional Ceilidh dancing and to make a kilt!
- Markets, international food, traditional fare and much more
Visitors can also sample Haggis, learn how to play the bagpipes and even participate in the strong man style Highland games.
Bring the whole clan along and discover Celtic heritage and historic Ipswich at The Gathering.
To view and download the program – click here
Get you Clan together and discover your Celtic spirit at The Gathering Celtic Festival Early bird tickets end 15 May.