Entry to The Workshops Rail Museum will be free during Planes, Trains & Autos on Saturday 29 April at The Workshops Rail Museum.
History will come alive whilst exploring The Workshops Rail Museum. With hands-on exhibits, multi-media encounters and colourful stories coupled with huge locomotives and industrial machinery, there is something for the whole family.
- Australia In Space – Blast off and explore how Australia is pushing the boundaries of science to the furthest reaches of outer space at this interactive, hands-on exhibition
- The Spencer Project – Take a trip back in time to 1906 and see the amazing Spencer motorcycle, recreated with original parts while immersing yourself in local history
- More than 15 larger than life exhibitions including the Sciencentre, huge model railway layout, train simulators and the Nippers Railway adventure playground for kids
- Discover the amazing locomotives and carriages on display at the museum, including the A10 No6, Australia oldest working locomotive
- Create your own paper planes and test fly them in our wind tunnels
- Take a self-guided walking tour through parts of Queensland Rail’s extensive workshops and see how locomotives and carriages are built and maintained.